Summer is here friends! Only a couple weeks in and I’ve already atteneded 4 barbecues; there’s going to be a lot of hot dogs consumed this summer!
Which had me thinking this week, for our next BBQ, I wanna switch it up!
This week’s recipe is SO easy and the perfect appetizer for your next get together.
Alysha’s Paleo-ish Mexi Bowls
What you’ll need:
- 1 muffin tin baking sheet
- 1 large skillet
- Cutting board and chopping knife
What’s in it:
- 6 small organic corn tortillas
- 1 pound E3 Meat Co. Ground beef
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Mrs. Dash Chipotle Seasoning
How to Make It:
- Start by slicing up the onion and pepper. Add to a medium heated skillet with 1 tbs coconut oil.
- While your vegetables are cooking, preheat oven at 375.
- Turn the muffin tin upside down, and form tortillas into muffin grooves. No need to grease the pan.
- Place muffin tin and tortillas in oven for 12-15 minutes or until ends of tortillas are crispy. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Once vegetables are fully cooked, separate, and begin cooking ground beef in the skillet.
- Once beef is fully cooked, drain any excess fat and combine peppers, onions, and beef into a low heat skillet.
- Add 1/2 cup water and 6 tbs. Mrs. Dash to skillet and continue to stir on low for 6 minutes and then let cool.
- Place a large table spoon of beef into each tortilla and add topping.
I go crazy on toppings! Salsa verde, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, lettuce- the works!
Just make sure if you want to keep it paleo-ish, swap your traditional sour cream for a brand like Lucerne (a dairy free alternative) or if you prefer strict Paleo, loose the corn tortilla and use some lettuce for a yummy taco bowl!