Thus, the Sweet Potato Steak Slider was born!
I kept this week’s recipe paleo friendly and light on the carbs, but packed with flavor!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
What you need:
- Medium baking sheet
- Cutting board and knife
- Large skillet
What’s in it:
- 1, 10 oz. beef filet. I only use E3 Meat Co.’s 100% hormone free beef (Buy my meat here)
- 6 strips turkey bacon (lower cal option, but pork is fine too)
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup organic hummus
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 3 tbs. Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
How to make it:
- Begin by slicing sweet potatoes into thin, circles (I soften them for 2 minutes in the microwave for an easier cut). Once sliced, place sweet potatoes on your foiled baking sheet.
- Place sheet in the oven pre-heated at 425 degrees.
- Cook for 15-23 minutes or until outside of potatoes are golden.
- While your sweet pots are baking, slice your filet into small bite size strips. Once cut, add them to a medium skillet on medium to high and cook to preference. Adding in seasoning and 1 tbsp. coconut oil.
- On a separate large skillet, cook turkey bacon strips on medium to high heat for 8-10 minutes or until very crispy (burnt a little is ok)
- Once your steak and sweet potatoes are cooked, allow them to sit for 1-2 minutes and then garnish with a tablespoon of hummus, chopped bacon, and onions.
This recipe is a great side dish or perfect app to pass around the party!