Finally back in the kitchen with some new grub for you guys!
I make something similar to this recipe and thought I would give it a little re-vamp and it’s turned into being my favorite recipe I’ve made this year!
Gluten and dairy free and so easy too make for the whole fam!
Protein and Sweet Potato Skillet
- 2 medium/large sauté pans (I use cast iron)
- Cutting board and knife
- Coconut or MCT cooking oil
- Mixing spoon
- Serving dish
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 15 asparagus stalks
- 1 small white onion
- 2 baby onion stalks
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef (80/20 on the beef)
- Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 1 medium yellow pepper
- Parmesan or feta cheese (optional)
For my beef, I only use 100% hormone free organic products. Order the beef I use HERE and I even hooked you guys up with a discount! Enter ALYSHA at checkout.
How to make it:
- Slice the pepper, onion, and asparagus into bit size pieces, set aside
- Slice sweet potato into small, cube shaped chunks, set aside.
- Sauté your protein on a medium, oiled Skillet for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain excess fat from Skillet and place and set aside.
Now you’re ready to get your potatoes and veggies ready! A trick I always use is soaking my sweet potatoes in room temp water and then popping them into the microwave too soften for 4 minutes before slicing.
Also, using some “fat flavor” from your protein on your Skillet is a great addition too sautéing your potatoes. Anyways… bake to cookin!
- Once your sweet taters are sliced, add them and 3 tbs of coconut oil to a medium/hot sauté pan. Make sure to stir every 2 minutes for a total of 12-15 minutes or until your potatoes have a harder shell or even a little blackened.
- Add Mrs. Dash seasoning to the sweet potatoes the last 3 minutes they are cooking.
- In a separate Skillet, add onion, asparagus, and yellow paper with 1 tbs. coconut oil. Sauté on low/medium heat for 7-10 minutes or until veggies are softened.
- In your serving dish, scoop out sweet potatoes, and veggie ingredients together and give hen a light couple of tosses or until blended.
- Add some some shredded parm cheese or feta on top and you’re ready too serve!
My husband and my little love this recipe so I always double my ingredients to make bulk for the week.
A little tip for my girls hitting the workouts this month; this is a perfect macro meal for post workouts too!
Happy holidays guys!